There is so much happening on the weekends – and during the week – in RI, but I never seem to do any of it. Last weekend I decided ‘No more, we are going to get out and make the most of family time!’ I took the kids to the Rhode Island Seafood Festival and it was a blast. Lex got steamers, I got chowda and Anderson got to laugh at all the puppies his little baby heart could take. I also bumped into some friends we haven’t seen since we moved back and their adorable daughters so that was extra fun!
Matt has been working hard painting, relocating cabinets, demo-ing sheds and trying to get the new house in working order so we can get it on rental sites. It is much easier for him to do this if I’m wrangling the kids offsite. Apparently there are significantly fewer kid prints on the newly painted walls if there is no sloppy walker bumping into said walls.
So this is the first of my weekly Munchkins on the Move posts where I’ll list family-friendly activities in the area and let Lex pick which we’ll do that weekend. Except for this weekend, Matt and I already picked our activities, tough luck kid.
So without further ado here’s what’s going down in Rhody:
- Johnston Memorial Park – 1583 Hartford Avenue – Johnston, Rhode Island 02919
- Newport Yachting Center – 4 Commercial Wharf – Newport, Rhode Island 02840
- Our fave! We like to tour multi million dollar yachts and pretend we have a secret trust fund. Har har har
- 255 Middle Rd, Portsmouth, RI 02871
- Come in Harry Potter costume and get a dollar off!
- 44 Broad Street Westerly, RI 02891
- Misquamicut State Beach in Westerly, RI